Accelerate Your Medical Device into a Manufactured Product
Meet Jay Julian
Development is an artful balance between science, engineering, and innovation within the boundaries of budget, market strategy, regulatory, and human factors. Accelerate Design LLC combines together decades of experience across multiple disciplines to engineer your idea into a manufactured product.
Jason will complement your team, work within your Quality Systems, and continually demonstrate value through the twists and turns of design and qualifications. He can also assemble the experienced group of professionals your project needs to launch your product. A WPI alum that has been solving hard problems for over 20 years with accomplishments such as:
Led multidisciplinary engineering teams on two different Robotic Surgical Platform Visualization Systems through all phases of concept, prototyping, specification, and design, through manufacturing.
Launched numerous Endoscopy systems with chip-on-tip cameras, several illumination technologies (some patented), lens-wash & defogging, surgical tools, and accessories.
Released working prototypes, manufacturable assemblies, and analyses for multiple drug-delivery devices including micro-dosing, micro-needling, and needle-free auto-injectors.
Helped commercialize several miniaturized prototypes into Micro-Molded products such as the 2012 Medical Design Excellence Award Gold Winner KingVision™ Video Laryngoscope, Medrobotics Snake-Bot, and New View Surgical’s disposable endoscope.
Grew a prior consultancy’s engineering department throughput by implementing new project management tools and tactics producing an 8X revenue increase. Simultaneously managed multiple projects with budgets in excess of $1M per year.
Developed multiple ophthalmic instruments for start-ups, SBIR-developments, and top manufacturers.
Thermally stabilized handheld-interferometers and miniature-spectrometers including a dental digital impression device and several spectrometers for NASA.
Selected Patents Include
- Stereoscopic imaging sensor apparatus and method for fabricating pairs of image sensors used in stereoscopic imaging US20190075283A1; Titan Medical Inc.
- Endoscopic surgical system US 20140213848 A1; Moskowitz Family LLC
- Multi-channel, multi-spectrum imaging spectrometer US9289122B2; Headwall Photonics, Inc.
- Method And Apparatus For Illuminating An Object Field Imaged By A Rectangular Sensor US Provisional Patent Application No. 62/209157; Titan Medical, Inc.
- Portable Retinal Camera and Image Acquisition Method US 20130033593 A1; Optimum Technologies, Inc.
- Apparatus for cleaning an imaging system used during a medical procedure US20190110675A1; Titan Medical Inc.
A true understanding of the entire product development cycle. I’ve worked with Jay on multiple projects. Over the years these projects spanned from pure concept to detailed design & manufacturability to building out a complete manufacturing line and setting up supply-chains. I can always count on efficient and timely communications. When I hire Accelerate Design I know they will deliver real value with a focus on results.